Thursday, 16 January 2014

Ah, oui oui, Paris!


Coat - Zara
Snood - ASOS
Jumper - Whistles
Dress - Cos
Boots - New Look
Bag - Zara

Just a little post on my surprise trip to Paris that my boyfriend got me for Christmas! Yes, upon opening the huge Postpak box he gave to me on Christmas day and opening joke present after joke present (yeah real funny after opening 5 or 6 in a row...) the last thing I expected was a few envelopes in the bottom with our boarding cards and hotel bookings! And yes, I did get a bit emotional.. don't laugh.. I was just happy/shocked he managed to pull it off without me finding out!

Early January 1st we jetted from Luton to Charles de Gaulle airport to begin our French adventure! We visited the French Winter Wonderland and landmarks like the Eiffel Tower, The Louvre, L'Arc de Triomphe, Notre Dame and the Pont des Arts bridge to lock our very own love lock onto the bridge (yeah, the padlock was one of the joke-y presents!)

It was such a great trip, great, but so, so tiring! We did a vast amount of walking in the 3 days we were there! The only thing I must say for anyone wanting to visit Paris is to BOOK TICKETS ONLINE FOR ANY LANDMARK ATTRACTIONS OR SHOW TICKETS. The queue to get into The Louvre was about a mile long (and no, I'm not exaggerating!) We also spoke to an Australian family who had failed to buy tickets for Moulin Rouge on the door but managed to get some after going back to their hotel and booking them online.

Oh, and if you are wanting to go to the top of the Eiffel Tower? GO EARLY AND QUEUE FOR THE STAIRS! We got there before it opened and the queue for the lifts was already ridiculous. Unfortunately, the Parisian tourist information fail to tell you that both the stair and lift access will get you up to the top. The only difference is if you take the stairs you have 800 and something stairs to conquer - but then its the lift from the second floor to the top! It was definitely the best option, I think it was slightly cheaper and it took us no time to get in! 

On a final note, I kinda have to thank Will for making this trip happen and making it so special so, THANK YA! 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...