Tuesday, 13 August 2013

#interviewoutfitseries - Outfit Two


Blazer - Topshop
Top - Whistles
Necklace - c/o Next
Trousers - Zara (old)
Heels - Zara

Onto outfit two in this interview series and clashing prints! I know, I know, going to an interview is not the time when you want to be daring and clash your prints, but I think it can really bring out your creative side and show that you are not afraid to experiment. I think the safest way to clash prints is to make sure that the colours within match.. as above! The white is pulling the whole outfit together whilst the different shades of blues compliment each other. I wore this to my ASOS interview as I decided that the brand suits this type of experimental dress code (again fairly formal, but lets be honest who wants to go to an interview looking like we are going to the beach or a party).

You'll notice my make-up has been fairly minimum on both of my interview inspiration posts. Not that I cake my make-up on any way but I do want to get across no employer wants to be analysing how much foundation you have slapped on your face or whether you have been punched in the eyes or you are just wearing too much eye make-up in your interview! This goes for any interview in any situation, maybe more so if you are going for a customer faced position. I know this seems like a given, but I think some girls think more is less. Less IS less - if you lack confidence about your skin (like me) then go to a make-up counter in HOF or Debenhams and explain your situation/the fact you have an interview coming up and they can do your make-up for you. They will usually book you in and it is usually FREE OF CHARGE. That way you have a quick make-up lesson and you have had your face done before an interview! Voila - problem sorted! I've had my face done and colour matched countless times at Estee Lauder and have absolutely loved the results. Its well worth a try even if you aren't going to an interview!

More tomorrow!


Disclaimer - This post is not sponsored by House of Fraser, Debenhams or Estee Lauder! These are just my suggestions from using them previously.

1 comment:

  1. You blazer and your heels are really gorgeous!!
    What about following each other with gfc, bloglovin and facebook?
    Kisses
    Francy&Stef
    Chic With The Least
    Also on Facebook and on Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...