Monday, 12 August 2013

#interviewoutfitseries - Outfit One


Dress - River Island
Heels - Miss Selfridge (older than old!)

Okay, so as promised, here is the first post in my interview outfit series! Granted, this is a prettyyyy formal interview outfit, and not all interviews require this type of dress, especially if you are interviewing in the fashion industry! However, I did wear this to my merchandising interview for Debenhams and my second round at Michael Kors and Selfridges. I feel like its that type of dress you can wear that shows off your assets without doing it in the 'wrong way' but also a dress that shows you are serious about the job you have applied for.

You'll notice that I'm not wearing any jewellery in this post and this is a MAJOR interview tip for you (thanks to my lecturers drilling this into us beforehand!) If you are nervous about being interviewed (yep, we've all been there) then wearing jewellery is the worst thing you can do, especially bracelets or long necklaces due to them being easy to fiddle with! This is distracting for the interviewer and conveys your lack of confidence! Plus, if you have a dress like the above with a bold pattern and a structured shoulders then you dont need to amp up the look with loads of accessories.

More tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...