Saturday, 6 July 2013

#texasbloggertrip - Airstream


Dress - Nasty Gal
Necklace - eBay
Bag - c/o Next
Bracelet - c/o New Look
Shoes - Converse

My secret romance for Airstreams is huge, its like the American version of my romance for VW Campervans. This bad boy is from 1971 (that means its as old as my Uncle!) The story behind this little Airstream is kinda strange.. it was a little old ladies, which she bought after she accidentally got shot by a hunter - its Texas.. it happens! Any way, the doctor told the old lady that she needed to rest away from her house as it was unhygienic and would likely cause her to get infected if she rested there. So she bought this in 1971, brand new, and brought herself back to health in it. After this, she returned to live in her house that was .. nasty (ew)! She then gave it to her neighbour, which is my Uncles friend and thats how my Uncle Phil came to acquire it - he loves Airstreams as much as me and made him an offer as soon as he spotted it :)

To be honest its almost mint on the outside and the inside is currently being refitted, as I think the previous owner must have left a window or door open on it and, as you can imagine, things got a bit.. nasty! Once it is finished though, it will look amazing! Not bad for an old gal!

Yesterday I went out to work with my Uncle, like I have been doing throughout the duration of my stay here - yup that means 5am starts and everything! I really enjoyed yesterday though as I got to ride in the back of the helicopter and actually witness the Aoudad (pronounced or-dad) being net gunned (I'm usually on the ground helping re-pack the nets). Turns out I was actually pretty good at spotting them in the brush so I think my Uncle and the net gunner were glad they took me up! Aoudad look kind of like a sheep, but apparently its a specie of its own, kinda between a sheep and a goat! See here. So yesterday was a pretty cool day, apart from when I jumped from the helicopter skid onto the side of a rocky hill to pick up a net and sprained my ankle! Yup, I have been hobbling around for the last 24 hours AND I fly home tomorrow too - nice long haul flight for me!

More tomorrow!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...