Thursday, 13 June 2013

USC & Republic AW13 Press Day

USC - AW13



Last month I was invited to USC's and Republics AW13 press day in Soho. Upon thinking about USC, it reminded me of when we were younger and would take day trips to Hull and see many-a-chav walking away with their first pairs of Henley or Gstar jeans. An image, I feel, they are trying to move away from and I think this season will help further this for them. With Republic and USC almost merging since Republic going into administration, USC have taken on Republics contracts with external brands like Motel giving them a strong brand offering. The brand have already rapidly expanded their shoe destinations in many stores and the collection on display for AW13 was incredible; lots of high top trainers and classic boots. The clothing and accessories were all very trend led too, lots of eyelash textured jumpers, boucle and pleather mixed jackets and interesting details on staple shirts such as the laster cut polka dot navy shirt and the split seam down the back of a black shirt with a camo trim! These are really refreshing twists in USC's collection that will give the edge over many of their competitors and will leave many wearers friends asking, "Where did you get that from?!"


Republic - AW13



Obviously as you all know, Republic was a huge part of my retail career and I was excited to see what they had to offer for the upcoming season! I have to say, the Republic section of the press day has progressed a lot since I left the company! It definitely feels more trend led for AW with the womens @Republic label delving into tartan, dogtooth and sequins whilst Soul Cal showed off what will be this years transitional AW classics; vintage floral jumpers and dungarees! I almost feel like I let out a sigh of relief when I viewed this collection - Republic may have gone into administration early this year and closed lots of stores but having Sports Direct buy them out has shown to me that Republic are not done with fashion retail yet, and have some pieces that will rival other High Street stores this autumn!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...