Sunday, 9 June 2013

River Island AW13 Press Day


Of all the seven trends River Island were showcasing last month Bauhaus and Modernist were definitely my favourite! Bauhaus was an update on the sports luxe collection that we have all had a love-hate relationship with since summer last year. Dresses and tops are made out of - what felt like - neoprene with shoulders that were more rounded or dropped. This whole trend is very simple from the laid back styling to the clean colour palette of black, white and navy with pops of cobalt blue and bright orange. I have picked out my favourite pieces to this trend below:


Modernist looked more formal and sophisticated with wool, herringbone and tweed fabrics over forties style coats, trousers and blazers. Pinstripes are displayed on the jumpsuits throughout this trend whilst paler pink hues are coveted on knitwear which are offset by the maroon winter staples such as coats and handbags.


Supernova is the trend I see being dropped in time for the Christmas rush! It oozes glitz and glam through metallic jacquards, leather, velvet and quilting. The art deco earrings and embellished tops really do make a statement in this trend. The looks created are all about mixing up lady like glamour with maxi skirts and delicate knits and pairing it with an oversized boyfriend coat. 



The last trend I want to talk about here is 'mash up' - now its not really my cup of tea but I feel its worth a mention just because of the fact it is an update, or move on, from what us fashion bloggers (no, not specifically me) did for RI last year! They have introduced more leather and vinyl fabrics into the mix this year to be worn with distressed denim and lots of leopard print! I have to say the fur bags and stoles are the real winner for me within this trend!





I have been in love with River Island product for a very long time now and just seeing this collection has made me go crazy for the season ahead (minus the horrendous weather!!) 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pieces of clothing.

    http://www.ladiesstreet.rs/blog/solange-knowles/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...