Monday, 17 June 2013

REVIEWED: Heathrow Terminal 5 Travelodge

After travelling for a good half a day from my little seaside home in Bridlington down to London yesterday I was pleasantly surprised to be swiftly checked in at the hotel reception and to be greeted by this: 


All of the rooms in this hotel at Terminal 5 have recently been refurbished to include these lavish king size beds; made exclusively for Travelodge by Sleepeezee.


As you can see from the images the room includes all you would need for a nights stay before jetting off – kettle and amenties, a TV and a little wardrobe. The room was nicely made and smelt fresh and I have to say, was faultless, until I came to make a cup of coffee - in one of the mugs was a lovely used plaster! 

After Id settled into my room I went downstairs and ordered some tea from the bar – I didn’t know Travelodges didn’t do room service! Boo hoo for my little tired legs haha! However, the trip downstairs was made worthwhile, the food was amazing, when I eventually received it. I ordered Cheese and Bacon Loaded Potato Skins to start and the Peri Peri Burger, which I was happy to see was a vegetarian burger made from soya protein and onion (instead of red meat – I’m on a lifestyle change – currently eating for by blood type – I will post about it soon!)


I had a beautiful nights sleep, the bed really did live up to its expectations! Even though I think you sleep lighter when you know you have to be up early for something - I always get worried I wont wake up in time then miss my flight (I didn't - I am currrently sat in Heathrow T1 writing this).

All in all my stay was very good value factoring in how much the room would have been. With budget hotels you can sometimes get slap dash service, but, the service from the staff that I encountered on my stay was impeccable and it was such a nice way to start my #texasbloggertrip !

Keep up with my trip by searching for the #texasbloggertrip hash tag on Twitter or Instagram! Alternatively you can like my Facebook page!

5 comments:

  1. Great post! I'd definitely considering doing a night in a Travelodge instead of doing so much travelling all in one day.

    Lindsey. x
    www.elegant-chaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! Great blog post, according this blog travel is very lovely and sweet.

    Cheapest Flight Tickets

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy posts like these! That food looks absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice...simple and cool room... BTW Can we reach central London by a cab from Heathrow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure.. I mean it will be expensive! Getting the Heathrow Express or the tube to central will be faster and cheaper ! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...