Tuesday, 14 May 2013

Cath Kidston - 20th Birthday Event


Me and Hayley from Frock Me Im Famous


To celebrate Cath Kidston's 20th birthday, around thirty bloggers were chauffeur driven to Cath Kidston HQ to drink cocktails, nibble on miniature British classics and learn how to make candles and cakes - two skills one should master to be the perfect housewife of course!

The night consisted of mingling with other bloggers and preparing our candles to set before we settled down to be taught a few icing tips and tricks by the one and only Lily Vanilli!
I'm not going to lie Hayley from Frock Me I'm Famous was a dab hand at the old piped roses. On the other hand, I was abysmal.. I think with each attempt I actually got worse! Even though I aborted that plan I still managed to make my cupcakes look pretty with fruit, coco powder and real life flowers, yup, Lily showed us how to preserve the flowers so that they would last ... forever! (Well not quite forever, but for a long time).

After popping our cupcakes in uh-mazing Cath Kidston cake tins and picking up our beautiful candles we were handed a goody bag on the way out that contained the new 'Coming Up Roses' book that has been released in celebration of the brands 20th birthday. I have yet to read it with University deadlines and exams, but now I am finished for the year I will be able to pour over it and find out how to become the next Cath Kidston (or at least get some tips on how to become successful in business!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...