Thursday, 11 April 2013

Trace Publicity AW13 Press Day

Yesterday I was, like many other bloggers and people in the press industry, running round London like a headless chicken. I had 10 events/press days to attend and a LOT of stuff to carry around.
Trace Publicity was the first PR office I stopped by yesterday, they look after brands such as Follie Follie, Steve Madden, Mee Mee, Fannie Schiavoni, Georg Jensen, Maryling and Georgia Hardinge. Upon arriving at the light and airy PR office I was offered breakfast and drinks and also the chance to have my nails done on the top floor (me being uber organised had done my nails the night before so had to pass up the chance - not that I had time!)



Some brands I'd heard of, some of them I hadn't. I was actually really excited to see the Steve Madden collection with me being a massive shoe fiend, however, was sorely disappointed. With the brand being based in the USA the brand hadn't had time to get all the footwear sent over for the collection in time for the press day so there was only a select few shoes to preview!


I had also heard of Follie Follie but never really seen a whole collection from the brand before. I don't particularly think that it was my cup of tea but I did appreciate the beauty of some of the jewellery and the versatility of the watches.


A brand that did have a select few pieces that I really lusted after were Mee Mee. After doing a bit of research into the brand after discovering them yesterday, I found they pride themselves on not being trend led, but, instead picking products that are fierce and edgy and true to the brand and 'Mee Mee' girl! - I really do admire brands who have this ethos!
In their AW13 collection they showcased some beautiful textured trousers and simple tees with leather or laser cut detailing. This collection was a major winner for me!


Next up was Fannie Schiavoni, her slightly absurd name should have really prepared me for the most avant garde collection that was showing in this press office. Made up of bondage type body accessories, gothic necklaces, and masculine cuffs and rings. This brand has a specific androgynous feel to it with this collection giving a nonchalant nod towards the oxblood trend that will be rearing its head again in AW13. I fricking love it all. I can totally see Lady Gaga rocking the spike top/body chain below! 


Last up, Maryling and her modern twist on classic tailoring. This collection felt really fresh and if you know me personally you will know how much I love a good tailored outfit! The colour themes running throughout were navy, pillar box red, monochrome, silver, grey and khaki. She had an amazing tee and jacket that had, what can only be described as a mesh panels within the garments which gave these pieces an amazing dimension to them.
The long line navy jacket was also beautifully constructed with the classic zip up front and unusual overlay which crossed over the front. The jackets and blazers within this collection were clearly the stand out pieces here!



Thank you Trace Publicity for inviting me to view your clients collections!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...