Tuesday, 12 March 2013

Percy & Reed - Moisturising Shampoo + Conditioner - Review


I was gifted these two little beauties at the QVC Beauty Bash Event back in January. Before this event, I had never heard of this cult brand, or its owners. I know, I know, how blind of me. Once you know about Percy & Reed you literally see them everywhere!
Anyway, needless to say after speaking with THE Paul Percival and him recommending a few products from their range for my hair - I became a little bit obsessed! (Read - extremely obsessed).
The Percy & Reed packaging really does need to be mentioned here.. I'm a complete sucker for a well drawn, quirky design and these products really do have it all! They are simply beautiful.
I started using these products around 2 weeks ago, using them sparingly as I wanted them to last! I've now finished both of them (boo hoo!) but using this shampoo and conditioner makes my hair feel amazing and after Percy's recommendation, I am now adamant I need to try the Totally TLC Hydrating Mask and the Smoothed, Sealed & Sensational No Oil, Oil for thick hair..  Honestly, I just need them in my life.


Splendidly Silky Moisturising Shampoo


The shampoo is a clear / shimmery substance and smells insane (in a good way, mind). I cannot even describe the smell, it really is very unique to this brand and I can still smell it hours after I have washed my hair. I'm pretty sure that it has something to do with the blueberry extract and almond milk that makes up part of its ingredients. Once I have put a decent amount in my hair it lathers up rather quickly which is great. However, I'm not sure if any one else gets this whilst using this shampoo.. but once you have been massaging it through your hair a while, the lather just disappears! Which, if this is what its meant to do, is awesome, because its almost like the shampoo is telling you that its done its job and needs to be rinsed out!

Annie's rating - 8 out of 10 - Definitely a clever little shampoo! Leaves hair feeling soft(ish) before applying conditioner - which never happens with my hair! Would definitely re-buy if it wasn't for the hefty price tag.

Splendidly Silky Moisturising Conditioner


The conditioner is just as sweet smelling, although, you do need more of this white coloured conditioner to get all over coverage! I always leave mine in whilst I'm washing the rest of my body (about 1-2 minutes) to ensure it works its magic in enough time. 

Annie's rating - 8 out of 10 - A really nice conditioner that has left my hair feeling a lot softer than it was before I started using it. The smell lasts even after using heated styling products which is a bonus! I'd be more inclined to re-buy, again, if it wasn't for the price tag.

Overall, I really like this shampoo and conditioner. I've read loads of reviews saying that it doesn't actually leave hair feeling very moisturised etc but I really think it does. I have thick / coarse hair and this shampoo and conditioner has definitely helped to tame my locks ready for styling AND I think also help my hair hold its shape the next day too (I hardly have to re-straighten or re-curl my hair after sleeping on it now!)
As I have mentioned, the ONLY down side to these products is the price tag, which obviously, if you want products that are salon standard and actually work.. you have to pay for them. The shampoo is £14 for 250ml and the conditioner is £16 for 250ml. These sizes are available to buy on ASOS and - I think - are the only stockist that does student discount on them! So if you are a student, like me, you can own these two products for £27 - £3 discount makes a difference, okay? Hurrah for ASOS.
These products are also available in the litre bottles and the shampoo retails at £40 and the conditioner at £45 (yes, these prices are legitimate, cry). But, you know, cost and worth are very different things...

Annie's overall rating of the Moisturising Shampoo and Conditioner - 8 out of 10

4 comments:

  1. I got the conditioner along with a magazine this month, haven't tried it yet but super excited now! :D

    www.kristianavasarina.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the ones in Glamour are the Volumising range though? I've just started using this range but they are all brilliant!!

      Delete
  2. Oo a bit pricey for me xx

    ide love if you checked my blog! xx 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Percy & Reed brand :) these sound divine xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...