Tuesday, 12 February 2013

Karen Millen - High Summer 2013


As you may have noticed on my blog I have been previewing and reviewing a fair few ‘mid market’ retailers recently. This is due to the fact I really do believe I’ve grown into this style. I bought my first ever Cos dress a few weeks back and I am just in love with it! For any of you who don’t really understand what a mid- market retailer is, I would describe them as the bridge between designer and high street – some would say they could be classed as premium high street. Check out Whistles, Reiss, Cos and French Connection for an idea of their price points and products.

As many of you know, I am a stickler for quality in garments, especially from brands listed above. If you are going to pay a premium price point, you expect a bit of luxury! So when I went to visit Karen Millen for their high summer press day, they didn’t disappoint on this part!

I always used to have such a old fashioned view of Karen Millen, somewhere I’d expect my mum to shop, but not me (not that my mum is unfashionable!) However, I feel like my style is now a little more grown up, refined; and this is exactly what the collection from Karen Millen made me think.

The collection was split onto three rails at the press day, the first a monochrome colour palette with coral and grey splashes to break up the black and white. Three of my favourite items were on this rail; the grey and white contrast sleeved blazer, the oversized geometric black, grey and white jersey tee and the black tailored trousers. I can see these being easy to wear and very versatile, classic pieces to have in your wardrobe.

The next rail really did shout high summer; big floral fuchsia patterned dresses daintily placed between white and black laced tops and skirts. These items will be perfect for a day at the races or even a summer wedding/reception!

Finally, the rail towards the back of the pressroom contained a more casual capsule of SS13 at Karen Millen. Leopard print was coveted on tops and swimwear alongside more floaty, chiffon and lace tops. Denim was also a big hit here with stone washed shorts and skirts. Though, my favourite piece had to be the gold boucle-esk jacket, it would definitely add a bit of luxe to any outfit, casual or not!

Shoes and accessories were also a big part of the press day for high summer and some of them were to die for! The mink and black contrast strappy heels and matching clutch bag would look so nice in my wardrobe!  * weep *
There were also many watches displayed, which, I didn’t actually realise Karen Millen did watches! All were very wearable ‘everyday’ watches but still pretty and smart enough to make the girls in the office green with envy!

A big thank you for being invited to this press day and for the lovely goody bag! The cake pop was delish!


1 comment:

  1. I'm OBSESSED with the collection!
    http://www.computercleanuk.co.uk/karenmillenoutlet/ karen millen outlet

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...