Sunday, 17 February 2013

CICI SS13 Press Day

On the 1st of February I was kindly invited to the CICI press day. Though they look after brands such as Mya Blue and Lisa Blue (swimwear / beachwear brands). I decided to focus purely on the three amazing jewellery/accessory brands that they were showcasing at the press day; Zatchels, Jessica Flinn and Zara Taylor.



Jessica Flinn
I had never heard of the brand until I was invited to the press day but I am so impressed with the collection she has. Also, the fact that all her jewellery is designed and made in Sheffield makes me love the brand even more.. its the northerner in me .. sorry guys!
Her designs are all very intricate and ornate, made in gold, silver and stainless steel.
I would love to own some of the cuffs, very wearable and classic.
The red, white and blue collection above with the swallow cut outs on the cuffs are all part of the new spring summer range and the little charm bracelets are actually a new range that she has launched for children called 'Little Flinn'. I can see Victoria Beckham accessorising little Harper in these already!
This jewellery has already been coveted in magazines such as Vogue so I predict this brand to go from strength to strength!




Zara Taylor
Sorry for the lack of pictures of this jewellery brand.. the lighting was very low in the press room! Fear not, I saw Zara Taylor at Pure last week and took some more pictures of her designs so they will be up soon!

Zara Taylor jewellery is definitely more vintage inspired than Jessica Flynn. She aims to create quirky pieces that reflects the personality of the wearer. With a huge celebrity clientele it is not hard to see why Fearne Cotton, Jessie J and Taylor Swift have all been spotted wearing pieces from this collection.

She has also collaborated with Natasha Hamilton on a small capsule collection of jewellery which can be seen here.

My favourite was definitely the spiral arm cuff!




Zatchels

The whole reason I was super excited about coming to the CICI press day.. Zatchels! * SWOON *

I have loved this brand for a long time but never been brave enough to part with my cash to buy one.. as of yet! Though I am definitely more tempted now I have seen some of their collections up close.. they are such good quality.

Above collections that were shown were:

The Love Heart Collection
The Denim Collection
The Metallic Collection
The Polka Dot Collection 
and the Classic Collection 

Zatchels will also be releasing The Lace Collection this spring summer .. the bags are lovely! They comprise of a silver metallic base with a black lace pattern over the top!

With them being a brand that manufactures in the UK, I'd definitely choose to buy a bag from these guys rather than a company based in China... I'm very much with Mary Portas on us supporting home grown companies!

What do you think of the three brands I took a look at, at the press day? Have you got any of their pieces?



3 comments:

  1. Super lovely blog!


    xo

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those bags, they are so cute! lovely post:)

    http://crystalcosmicchic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh I just love Zatchels at the moment. The mini denim ones are so cute. All the best at your new job at Whistles by the way - and continue the great work on your blog. Can't wait to get some exciting Whistles updates from you!

    My latest post ** FAB Goes to London **
    Lots of love, M

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...