Sunday, 3 February 2013

Arcadia High Summer Press Day


Miss Selfridge

 Topshop
 Topshop
Topshop
BHS
Dorothy Perkins
Dorothy Perkins

What I wore to the Arcadia Press Day:

Sunglasses - Primark
Scarf - Republic
Dress - ASOS (old)
Belt - Primark
Boots - Republic

When the invite for Acardia Press Day dropped into my inbox, you can imagine my excitement! I would have been excited even if they were only showing one brand.. but all of them.. under one roof! Amazing.

I had high expectations of the collection due to what I have already seen in Topshop, Dorothy Perkins and Miss Selfridge and this preview certainly didn't disappoint! 

The pieces that you can see above are due to drop into stores around April time, so as you would expect, there was a lot of the boho-festival chick inspired pieces in time for festival season. Miss Selfridge is already big on floral, lace, fringing and heavy embellishments so I think this brand really comes into its own in the summer season. If you are planning on going 'glamping' to a festival this year I suggest you stock up in this store!

Topshop, I think, always seems to stock EVERY trend at any one time, and this snippet of what will be landing down in high summer represented this. There were garments that carried on the 60's inspired vibe from what they already have in store with short hem lines and geometric prints. At the other end of the rail they also had a sports luxe type feel with a maroon baseball jacket (getting ready for AW13?) and slouchy jumpers.
Topshop, of course, will also be doing the key SS13 colours of pastels and whites for that perfect summer look. There will definitely be something here for everyone!

The Dorothy Perkins preview actually surprised me a little. Their target market is a slightly older than Miss Selfridge and Topshop, yet some of their pieces could have been part of their sister brands! The digital/ floral print dress from Dorothy Perkins is extremely similar to a dress Topshop had in the sale a few months back (maxi, similar print, same cut outs on the neck line, etc) I think the only difference may have been the fact it is a different colour! Another piece that looked very cross-brand was the laser cut leather and chiffon ombre top; very understated and would look great with a light weight blazer. I can see lots of 'yummy-mummys' being on trend this season thanks to Dorothy Perkins!

The jewellery was a fairly big part of the press day too with each brand showcasing their up-and-coming pieces. The overall feel was very embellished with Topshop staying true to their edgy look. Although, even this brand will be using more softer pieces in their collection come April!

When we arrived at the offices, the PR girls told us we could try what ever we wanted on and have pictures taken by the photographers that were there. Obviously, me and Shannon both jumped at the chance!
It was hard to pick just a couple of things, but, I now know that the Topshop dress needs to be mine when it comes out!

Here are the pictures ...

 I wore:
Dress - Topshop
Bracelet - Wallis
Shannon wore:
Necklace - Topshop
Top - Topshop
Skirt -  Topshop

I wore:
Pinafore - Miss Selfridge
Bracelet - Miss Selfridge
Shannon wore:
Top - Topshop
Shorts - Wallis

(Also, I was wearing tan tights in these pictures and the flash has clearly made my legs look a bit orange!)



2 comments:

  1. looks like a great event


    Check out my latest post
    http://georginagoodman.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/barbie-girl.html
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in LOVE with that pinafore dress it is beautiful.
    Style With Friends

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...