Monday, 3 December 2012

New Look - SS13



Okay so Wednesday the 28th of November was a mad one for me.. I managed to do four press days before going to work at 5pm!!

First off I went to Bershka, then here, to New Look, then to Debenhams and finishing at Matalan.

Not going to lie, I was pooped by the end of the day and was moaning about how much my feet and legs hurt at work that evening!

So New Look press day was much more than I imagined, I was greeted at the reception by some lovely, smiley PR girls who signed me in and explained about the scanner that they gave us. All of the garments in the press room had bar codes and we were to scan the pieces that we loved. These would then go onto a trending wall for them to see the most popular items and then we could be emailed copies of the pictures.

With that I went crazy, scanning everything I lusted over! The monochrome collection obviously jumped out at me (does this make me boring loving black and white?!). However, even some of the neon pieces from New Look stood out for me which is a first! 

I feel New Look always do particularly well with their shoes and accessories and I don't think that they will let us down in SS13 on this part! They had amazing statement necklaces, some really quirky shoes (have you seen the black cork wedges in the pic above? TO. DIE. FOR!) and some awesome bags too.

I bumped into Maria from Ms Drifted Snow White and she told me about the blogger lounge. This was a room where we could kick back, relax and use the Macs to send tweets or even blog straight from the press day! They really did look after us as bloggers which is always amazing to see. Which brings me onto the next part of my post...

New Look were asking bloggers that day to create an outfit from the SS13 collection to enter into their competition. We could pick anything we liked and were asked to speak about it on camera. Now going to events and press days I've only just got over. But, being interviewed on camera.. I don't think i'll ever get over that! It is SO nerve wracking!! 
Any way, the competition was to win £100 gift card and a chance for the winners blog to be published on NL daily.

I immediately knew what I wanted to choose after browsing the collection so ran out to pick some of my favourite monochrome pieces from the collection.


My final competition outfit choice:
Green Neon Jacket
Black and White Contrast Top
Black Wax Jeans
Black Perspex Bag
White Perspex Wedges
Black and White Arrow Necklace

The reason for my choice is that this is such a great transitional outfit from what we have seen in AW12 with the leather and studs to what will be introduced in the new season with perspex detailing.
I love nothing more than a clean, classic look and I feel that it is so quick and easy to achieve with a monochrome collection. Adding the perspex and neon pieces into the outfit gives it another dimension and these will be materials / trends I will definitely be playing with next season when they land down! Neon is something I've never had in my ever expanding wardrobe but New Look have done it really well for SS13 and as soon as I laid eyes on this jacket I new they'd be onto something good. 
I think having a simple outfit like this and playing it safe by adding a statement piece like this jacket can be an easy way to incorporate an intimidating trend into your outfit/ wardrobe. 

What do you think of the outfit I quickly put together at the press day? 

1 comment:

  1. I love your choice Annie! How come I didn't see that bag - it's amazing! :) X

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...