Wednesday, 21 November 2012

#motelxmas


Jo, Desriee, Chelsea, Joanna and me!
Image courtesy of Julie
Desriee getting her lashes done with Eyelure!
My free outfit 1st choice
My free outfit choice 2
My free outfit choice 3
Me and Julie
Image courtesy of Julie
Me and Lee Stafford

What I wore to the #motelxmas party:

Blouse - M&Co
Top - Motel Rocks
Disco Pants - American Apparel
Shoes - Republic
Bag - Primark
Necklace - Magnolia
Bracelet - Pandora


Not going to lie, there was absolutely no way I was missing out on this blogger event... A few emails to Selina later and she sent me through the invite (massive thank you!)
Once the invite was popped through obviously the first thing that stood out was the fact the first 50 people to arrive got a free outfit from Motel. Now I've been to festivals and signings and stuff whereby fans start queueing 5 hours before artists are going to sign and this was the first thought that ran through my head. If I want a free outfit get there ridiculously early! Luckily a bit of stalking on the #motelxmas tag on Twitter calmed my nerves and I found out people weren't really going to turn up until 5.30pm. 
After setting off still quite early then wondering around Old Street tube station for a while (there are too many exits in that station!) I finally managed to get round to Floripa where Motel were throwing the party.
To my surprise, there were only 5 other bloggers stood queueing at the door at 5.45pm!
These were Joanna (whom I met at F&F the other night), Julie, Chelsea, Desriee and Jo.

We were greeted by Selina at the door (more drop dead gorgeous in real life!) and then asked to go through a selection of around 10 garments to pick our free outfit. I loved the first two I picked SO much but I really hope I get my first choice; it was the first one I picked up and just instantly fell in love!! Had an email from Selina yesterday to say that they are being sent out this week... just too excited!!

After this I browsed the room and checked out the Eyelure and My Face Cosmetic stand out though I did not use these I saw many bloggers have makeovers done and they looked fantastic. I don't really wear fake eyelashes and I'm too loyal to my Estee Lauder make-up to try anything else (sorry!)
I would have had Lee Stafford's team do my hair but I'd already shoved it up in a little bun as I was in uni that morning and my hair can stress me out when it's down! However, I did have a lovely conversation with Daisy from NBPR who represents the Lee Stafford brand.

The night kinda flew by with the help of Desiree and Tolu (we had too much fun in the photo booth!) and before I knew it, it was time to leave!

I'm so glad I managed to get the Lee Stafford hair care as my gift as we left. I may be loyal to Estee Lauder for make-up, but, for hair products I'm always ready to try something new to make my hair healthier / shinier! 

On the way to the station with Desriee and Tolu I also met Meera! She is a fashion design graduate from the University I'm going to now! We had a good chin wag about being from the north (she is from a small village near Liverpool!) and Westminster Uni. I hope we keep in touch she was a cool girl!

A massive, massive thank you to Motel Rocks and Selina for inviting me to the event! The network of bloggers I now know has grown again and I cannot wait for the next event and to receive my outfit... which of course will be showcased on here!

4 comments:

  1. Wow looks like great fun, jealous much???
    Love your peplum top x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah, i was there too, funny to see myself in your photos while getting my hair done :D loved your outfit btw! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous! Would love to go to events like this!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog dear. I really like your outfit!

    Hope you'll come to visit me :))
    Kisses, The Spotted Cherry Pie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...