Saturday, 17 November 2012

F & F Press Evening


Annie's favourite outfit of the evening:
Kayleigh West - F&F Assistant Buyer

What I wore to the F&F event:
Dress - Primark
Necklace - Rock 'N Rose
Tights - House of Holland
Shoes - Republic

Lipstick - Rimmel London by Kate (Shade no. 12)
Nails - Models Own in Red, Red Wine

Okay, so when the invite for the F&F press evening landed in my inbox I was pretty stoked!
However, when you say ‘Tesco Clothes' I do not immediately think fashion forward, on trend or high quality… More mumsy?

All my preconceptions were completely thrown out of the window (or left at the door in my case) as soon as I walked into the venue.
I was greeted by the F&F girls who asked me to sign in and they gave me a tag which stated me to write my blog on there and why a loved a particular piece and to hang it on a hanger.
I quickly browsed through all the collections to get myself vaguely familiarised with the product to calm my nerves (I'm still not overly confident at these things yet, especially because I keep going on my own!)

Any how, after that I talked to a couple of people from the industry and met a lovely blogger called Joanna from Mademoiselle Lala. She passed her details to me and I told her about an upcoming press day and that was that, she is now coming along! 
Anyway, enough of my ramblings; (did you see that delectable piece of cheesecake in the pic above?! FYI it was beautiful!) onto the collections!

The Capri and the Sixties were by far my favourites (and obviously F&F's favourites too as they were the first collections you were greeted by in the womenswear section).
The Capri collection was full of the pastel colours that were so hot in S/S12; mint, peach and pink. The main patterns within this collection were the scarf print (very transitional from what we are seeing in the baroque trend this season) and a scattering of florals amongst the dresses and tops in lace.
The sixties collection was all about monochrome with pops of red. Many different textures were seen here from PU leather on the trimmings of dresses to sequin embellishments. I loved this collection simply because it had the strongest 60's vibe (obvs), the red and black mini skirts were one of my favourites!

All in all it was a good night and F&F excelled themselves in the fact the 'thank you' gift bag was one of the best I've received yet! Within the bag was an F&F perfume, aftershave (which Lewis quickly took ownership of!) and a £30 gift voucher to spend on the website. Definitely saving that until the SS13 collection lands! Cannot wait!

 

Thank you F&F!

3 comments:

  1. I've never thought if tesco doing on trend- more "practable" (bought an amazing pair if plimsoles from there) defo cannot wait for ss13
    You look great I love the shoes
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. the clothes look gorgeous! looks like you had a fab time!

    http://sindy-ng.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Just came across your blog, really love it! All the press days you’ve been going to look great too! I totally know what you mean about going to places on your own! I also went to the Motel xmas event and went there not knowing anyone, it really is so scary! Lovely blog!!

    Defo a new follower :) Stacey xx

    http://prettydelicatelayers.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...