Sunday, 23 September 2012

Market shopping in the rain

 Jumper - Vintage
Skirt - River Island
Tights - Primark
Shoes - Vintage
Bag - Charity Shop
Necklace - Republic
Bracelet - Topman
Rings - Topshop and Curiouser Jewellery 

First of all I would like to apologise tremendously for the poor quality of the photos above.. I've been getting too used to my boyfriend taking my pictures for my blog and now I've moved away I'm back to the whole timer thing on my little compact camera and lighting just isn't very good in my room at uni. I'll try get that sorted ASAP!
That said, I literally threw on this outfit this morning (no joke, I had my outfit planned for today the night before; I was going to wear my new dip hem dress from River Island but found a hole in it this morning. cry.) and I had a few compliments on it from shop assistants when I went into River Island and Primark on Oxford Street today! Bonus! So I couldn't afford not to quickly snap pictures of this outfit.
Me and my adopted flat mates (I live in a separate flat to everyone I have been getting on with so well and hanging round with recently) went to Brick Lane today to check out the market stalls there. I also met one of my favourite Yorkshire-turned-London-girls (just like me!) Monica Barleycorn before we rocked up to Brick Lane and Spitalfields Market. We had a good catch up regarding London life, University (Monica is a fresher at LCF this year) and of course a good old moan about the rain we were walking round in all day.

I managed to buy an army-esk khaki jacket today at one of the Brick Lane vintage market stalls.. something I've been lusting for a while! I was shocked that some stuff was the same price as high street.. I hate the fact vintage has become so popular that market stalls are now sticking premiums on them. I've heard Portobello Market is cheaper so I'm going to try there after the next pay day in October!





2 comments:

  1. I agree- vintage has such a price tag now! Love this outfit- very cute skirt
    X
    www.be-a-goddess.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loveee the jumper! Perfect for these cold days were having!! :)

    egtx3.blogspot.co.uk
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...