Wednesday, 29 August 2012

Leeds Fest 2012

 
 Day 1 - Thursday
Sunglasses - Primark
Hoody - Republic
Dress - Republic
Leggings - Republic
Shoes - Converse
Striped Bag - Republic

Arriving at Braham Park on the Thursday morning meant that our tent had already been put up for me and my cousin by my friends that we were camping with for the weekend. We arrived and immediately dived in our cute little pink tent! The rest of the day was spent chilling with the guys and walking round the campsite and village; checking out the little tents and stalls as we passed. Our first festival night we went down to Piccadilly Party which, if you have ever been to Leeds Fest, you will know it goes on until 6am in the morning! I am some what of a granny and could only hack it until 1am but could still hear the banging music when I went to bed as we were camped up in orange which is practically where the party is.

 Foos!
 Foos & mascot!
Silent Disco
  
Day 2 - Friday
Sunglasses - Primark
Head Scarf - Republic
Top - New Look
Shirt - H&M
Shorts - Shana
Socks - ASOS
Wellies - Shoezone

Friday was all about the Foo's for me. If I hadn't have seen anyone else play apart from them I would have been quite content! We did go to the main stage in the afternoon to catch All Time Low and Bullet For My Valentine and by the time the Kaiser Chiefs came on I decided that I wanted to be as far to the front as possible - big mistake! Though we managed to get about 3 rows back from the front barriers whilst watching Kaisers, I just couldn't enjoy the act. I was constantly making sure me and my cousin were stood up right! At one point Charlotte my cousin ended up being trampled on the floor. In the end I got some buff guys to crowd surf us to the front to get out the mosh pit style carry on that we were having. We watched The Black Keys and Foo Fighters from a distance but it was definitely still worth it! Everyone was so syked to see the Foo Fighters perform and we all got 'Foo Dollars' at the end of the night. Bonus! Me and Charlotte ended our night with a little boogie all up in the Silent Disco Tent :)

 Torturing Gummy Bears
 Hadouken!
 Paramore

Day 3 - Saturday
Headband - Primark
Vest - ASOS
Shirt - New Look
Jacket - Billabong
Shorts - Republic 
Leggings - Republic
Socks - ASOS
Wellies - Shoezone

Saturday was a crappy weather day so it was all about layering up whilst trying to still look as festival-ly as possible! Hadouken! were the first band me and my cousin went to see early Saturday afternoon and they brought the roof down! I have been a fan since their first album and with them being local Leeds boys mixed with the fact this band brings me so much nostalgia from my teenage years, I couldn't NOT go to see them. After this we stood in the queue for the Paramore signing which was mentally long and hence us not getting to see them! The evening was finished off by us seeing You Me At Six, Bombay Bicycle Club and Paramore.


 Azealia Banks
Leaving Leeds Fest. Sad Face. 

Day 4 - Sunday
Sunglasses - Primark
Dress/Top - Zara
Jacket - Billabong
Socks - ASOS
Wellies - Shoezone

How awesome is this dress/ top from Zara?! I've also got it in black I love it that much. It is really versatile as I've worn it over the top of shorts (above), with my Disco pants and even with maxi skirts. Its such an awesome stand out colour for a festival too!
Sunday was all about strategically packing our stuff up and trying to force the tent and sleeping bags back into its minute bag! (Why do these companies sell them in such small bags?!) After we got over the tragedy of having to haul everything back to my car we rounded up our festival by going to see Enter Shikari, Billy Talent, Azealia Banks, Young Guns and then Feeder!


1 comment:

  1. Sad to be leaving Leeds Fest :(
    WANT TO GO BACK SO BAD!
    I best get sympathy for getting a war wound in the mosh pit too!
    <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...