Tuesday, 6 March 2012

Small town mentality


Bowler Hat - Monki @ Selfridges
Sunglasses - Primark
Jumper - Republic
Maxi Dress - Topshop
Tights - Primark
Shoes - Vintage
Bag - Primark
Leaf Ring && Stone Ring - Topshop
Rose Ring - Republic (part of a set)
Flower Ring - Vintage

Lipstick - Kate from Rimmel in Rouge 12
Nail Varnish - Barry M in Lilac Foil

HYPE THIS LOOK
CHIC?

A sunny day in Bridlington, finally! Though as you can probably tell from my layering on my outfit pictures, its still pretty chilly. I've got the week off work and I'm taking myself out of college for the week so I can get my head into my assignment work.. so far I havent picked it up, but I will!

I bought this maxi dress with the split sides from Topshop in December, I think it was around £26. I like how it gives my outfit a bit more of a dimension than what a regular black maxi dress would, but, I have to admit it can be a bit awkward to walk in when the dress wraps round my legs!

The Republic jumper was a present from my mum for Christmas and although we are out of the festive season, I keep finding excuses to wear it! (Any chilly day seems appropriate for me to wear this at the moment!)

I went into my home town this morning and got lots of funny looks off some people for wearing this outfit.. Bridlington isn't the most fashionable town I have to admit, so I stuck out like a sore thumb. But, I did love the fact that a couple of grannies noticed me and made a point of stopping me in the street to tell me how lovely I looked (I know they were grannies but I still took it as a compliment all the same!)

I've succumbed to the masses and ordered myself some American Apparel Disco Shorts off eBay and some other little bits and pieces including some jewelry from a new website... more on them when they arrive!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...