Friday, 24 February 2012

I'm leaving this town on horseback


Tweed Blazer - Zara
Blouse - M&Co
Jeans - Republic (Crafted)
Heeled Boots - New Look
Bag - British Heart Foundation Charity Shop
Necklace - Topshop
Rings - Topshop


Bit more of a laid back outfit post today! This is pretty much what I wore to my LCF and Westminster University interviews a few weeks back. I didn't want to go too over powering but I wanted my look to be quite strong. These Republic jeans are so comfy and stretchy they are almost a jegging! (They are not jeggings though, otherwise I would not have bought them, literally hated it when the shops were full of jeggings last year). I travelled on a 5 hour coach and train journey down to London from Hull in these jeans and then did 3 hours in an interview at Westminster University. By the end of it all, I was not rushing to my friends house to get out of them at the end of the day, like you sometimes can be with tight jeans that cut into you in all the wrong places.
This Zara blazer was bought in the January sales in 2011 for around £20 or £30. Its actually a size L but the fit is still quite tailored (as long as I don't fasten the buttons) even though its about two sizes too big.
I became slightly obsessed with collared blouses this A/W and now own around 10 different types and colours of collared blouses! I love this one from M&Co though, its so crisp and white! (Until I drop food down it; yup, clumsiest person, ever.) I never, EVER shop in M&Co but my Nana forced me to go into town with her before Christmas to have a look round. To say I thought it was a retailer that catered for either teeny boppers or mums, I was pleasantly suprised when I found a few garments I actually liked!
I love a good charity shop find (giving money to charity and finding something on trend or unique, WIN!) and this bag was no exception, I paid £5 for it last year.

Going back to the topic of London, I cant believe it was only three weeks ago I was there for my interviews, it feels so long ago. Im getting itchy feet again and cannot wait to go back down again. With my University offers all received, all I have to do now is get through student finance.. UGH.

HMRC nearly made me break down today, TWENTY FIVE MINUTES it took until I actually spoke to a human being.. only to be told she couldnt deal with me on the phone and I would have to put it in writing! Applying for student finance as an independant student is going to be the hardest thing about getting into university I swear!




3 comments:

  1. great post!
    Just look my blog, and please follow me if you like it. You're include my adorable star list!

    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blouse!

    xoxo
    http://laufmasche.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...